Kilimanjaro Airport has changed the process of issuing visas on arrival. Going forward, clients arriving into Kilimanjaro, without a visa, will be required to complete a process estimated to take up to two hours for guests to go through, and it is only applicable to those arriving in Kilimanjaro without a visa.
It is recommended that for those guests who still have time before they travel, to go ahead and apply for the Tanzania visa online at www.immigration.go.tz
The online process requires more information from the guests than obtaining a visa on arrival, it is a much more convenient option. Once the process is completed online, the visa will be issued within 2-3 weeks.
Only the following 5 ports are currently functional:
• Julius Nyerere International Airport (DAR)
• Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
• Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (ZNZ)
• Namanga (road border between Arusha & Nairobi)
• Tunduma (road border between Tanzania & Zambia)